Friday, January 18, 2008

Books + Coffee= <3



I was pleasantly surprised today. It rained lightly, but humidity decided to treat me kindly and decided to excuse my hair from becoming its usual ball of frizzy waves. It was seriously quite a pleasant surprise, fer sure.


Perhaps I'm a nerd, but I really do love Borders Bookstore so extremely much. I could sit in there for hours really... maybe even a whole day if I had the time to spend. I went there after school today to just curl up in one of their big comfy leather chairs while reading a large pile of books I selected and drinking a fabulously delicious vanilla frappachino. Although the environment cannot match the energy of Starbucks atmosphere, Borders remains my secondmost choice when it comes to places which I find calmly rejuvenating. I could really see myself enjoying living there, it's all so peaceful... I suppose if that were the case I'd be somewhat like the phantom of the opera, except I'd kidnap books rather than opera performers.


Oh man, I've already broken my resolution of posting everyday... I just glanced at my clock and it's after midnight. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to be satisfied with posting twice today to make up for it. Here's a quick little poem, by the way, which I wrote as I was waiting to go to the RAGE event tonight....



Raindrops


They fall from their blanket of white and grey,
Into the open arms of those who eagerly await them.
The strong stand firm and hold them with care
while the weak tremble and bend beneath their weight.
Some are shrugged off to the soil below
by those who refuse to accept their fair aid,
While others become the most greedy of gatherers
letting no droplet escape their desperate grasp.
After their visit, they bade farewell and return
back to their homeland, of white and grey.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I would love to do photography but I feel like I know next nothing about it. I can always learn though ;)
Your photos are so good! I love the one you posted today.
books plus coffee does = <3
that would be like my dream life!