Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine... <3




So, I have found a new love this Valentine's Day.... charcoal. I am seriously amazed I never met it until just a couple weeks ago, I had no idea what I was missing out on for so many years. I love it, seriously. It might be in fact my new favorite art medium. Although I'm not sure anything could replace the passion I have for acrylics, charcoal is currently pretty much tying with it, which really stuns me. There's something about charcoal that cannot be replicated with acrylic work... it's just the whole experience of using it, of creating something with your own hands, it's really a spectacular feeling that I just can't describe. Using paint brushes is using your hands too, yes, but I don't know... it's something about actually feeling the charcoal piece in your hand that makes all the difference. It makes you feel more in touch with your artwork, like it's truly a part of your being. I love that feeling. =)

3 comments:

The Art We Breathe said...

charcoal is fun. I've only used it a few times, but it's definitely fun and has a great look to it.

Rachel said...

aw that picture's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

whoa, the picture is really good. i take it that you made it? =)